Live Photos has been around in iOS devices for a few years now, allowing you to capture specific moments before or after you take a photo. These moments can then be viewed later with the image and specifically show 1.5 seconds of motion before and after the photo was taken. It has a small but incredible feature that can add a range of emotions and is a beautiful reminder of the memories surrounding a simple picture.
A new feature introduced in iOS 13 allows users to combine multiple Live Photos into videos from within the Photos app on iOS. This is much better than the previous method of combining numerous Live Photos (usually by using an external video editor).
First, I will show you how to take a Live Photos on an iOS device (for those of you who are new to this feature), then we will discuss creating videos from multiple Live Photos:
- Open the Camera app on iOS devices.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll find an option to turn on Live Photos. It will be a yellow circle icon with the rings surrounding it. When Live Photos is enabled, the circle will be yellow.
- Taking photos with Live Photos will save both photos as normal photos and Live Photo. You can view it in your gallery later.
To view the Live Photo:
- Open the gallery and select the photo you just took.
- You will see a Live Photo sticker on the upper left of the screen. When the image is opened, click on it to view the Live Photo.
You can also use it as wallpaper or share it with your friends.
Combining multiple Live Photos into one video involves saving Live Photo into individual videos. To do this, do the following:
- First, locate the Live Photos you want to merge into a video. You can do this by scrolling down to Live Photos in the Album tab of the Photos app.
- Click “Select” in the upper right corner.
- Choose which Live Photos you want to put together into a video.
- Click the Share button in the lower-left corner.
- Click the “Save as Video” option…